Short Breaks for Children
and Adults with an
“Give someone the
experience of a home
Home-sharing is a short break scheme supported by the Brothers of Charity Services, Roscommon.
This scheme supports ordinary people in the community to be a host & support a child or adult with an Intellectual Disability for short periods of time and include them in their own life. People can apply to participate in the scheme who are married, single, co-habiting, retired. They can own their own home, rent or live with family. There are no limits once they are willing and meet the assessment criteria.
Aims of the Scheme
- To expand social opportunities for people
- To give the person a break
- To foster new friendships in communities
- To give natural families a break from caring & supporting
- To increase community awareness of people who have special needs
Interested in Becoming a Home Sharer?
For more information/ application forms