Integrated Services are based in the following locations:
Lios Mor, Feonhanagh
Integrated Services provide a range of services from a centre based facility, to houses where there is 24 hour staff support, sleepover staff and houses and apartments where people live with limited staff support.
Integrated services strive to provide:
- Each person with a safe, homely environment which promotes independence and quality care based on individual needs and requirements.
- A person centred approach where each person has an individual personal profile and plan which outlines their requirements, needs and wishes for the future.
- A partnership approach encouraging families and advocates to be involved.
- Services and activities to enable the fulfilment of personal, social and psychological needs.
- Access to community facilities in line with the individual needs and wishes.
- Therapeutic interventions specific to the individual.
- Access to an advocacy facilitator who is responsible for supporting individuals in their area to organise their advocacy meetings, understand issues, attend regional meetings and present issues to management as appropriate.
- The support of a team of professionals with a range of qualifications such as nursing and social care and a wide experience in caring for adults with an intellectual disability.
- Religious Services respecting all faith traditions and support to attend local religious services.
There are 15 residential houses divided into 3 service areas – Saoirse, Sonas and Le Cheile.
There are some individual apartments within the complex.
A Day Service is provided on site supporting adults to engage in social activities, hobbies and interests based on their own preferences.
A Sports Complex comprising of a swimming pool and gym where scheduled sessions are provided for individuals and which is also accessed by community residents of the Brothers of Charity Services, local schools, staff and their families.
Our Lady of Limerick Church on the complex provides daily mass for all individuals who wish to attend.
Walkways are available around the grounds.
Therapeutic supports available on the complex include Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Social Work, Dentistry, Chiropody, G.P. Care, Physiotherapy, Psychiatry, Reflexology, Psychology, and Behaviour Support provided by Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Bawnmore has a local advocacy group.
Individuals are supported in all aspects of personal care maintaining their confidence and dignity, protecting their rights and promoting independence.
The centre is purpose built and it consists of two bungalow houses. The houses accommodate 7 individuals in each house in single bedrooms.
The houses are individually named Aoibhneas and Suaimhneas. The day service building named Spraoi is adjoining both houses.
Both houses have a garden and patio area to the front and rear.
The service provides the individuals with a comfortable and dignified person centered lifestyle.
Individuals are supported to access therapeutic supports i.e. Psychiatry, Psychology, Dentist, Chiropody, G.P., Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Speech and Language therapy, Social Work, Public Health Team i.e. Public Health Nurse and Dietician and palliative care when required.
Connectiveness to family, friends and the community is supported.
Individuals receive a sessional based day service in Spraoi or attend the day service in Newcastle West dictated by their choices and wishes through their person centred plan.
Recreational activities in the houses and the local village are facilitated.
Lios Mor is a purpose built bungalow with 10 individual bedrooms.
This facility caters for individuals of varying ages and disabilities.
Therapeutic interventions available include Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Social Work, and Behaviour Support, Psychiatry, Psychology, Dental Chiropody, G.P. Care.
Individuals receive a day service provided by the Brothers of Charity in either Feohanagh or Newcastlewest.
The service supports each individual to engage in social activities hobbies and leisure interest based on their preferences within their home and the local community.
The Doon Service comprises of three self contained houses & a day service area which surrounds a beautiful paved courtyard. The residence is home for 13 individuals.
The Doon facility caters for individuals with particular emphasis on ageing needs & dementia.
Staff support optimal care in a homely relaxed atmosphere.
Individuals experience sensory activities such as aromatherapy, swimming, social outings & walks.
Individuals are supported to attend their respective day centres, in Bawnmore or Blackberry Park Day Service in Limerick.
Some individuals participate in Active Retirement Clubs in nearby Cappamore & Cappawhite. They also engage in local community activities.
Woodview house is a four bedroom bungalow.
This service caters for individuals who present with high support needs and therapeutic supports are accessed through Bawnmore Services.