Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish as much information as possible in an open and accessible manner on a routine basis outside of FOI, having regard to the principles of openness, transparency and accountability as set out in Sections 8(5) and 11(3) of the Act. This allows for the publication or giving of records outside of FOI provided that such publication or giving of access is not prohibited by law. The scheme commits FOI bodies to make information available as part of their normal business activities in accordance with this scheme.
Please find Brothers of Charity Services Galway FOI Publication Scheme on the Home Page. Each link in the table leads to a page comprising relevant information in the category as well as links to relevant information on the website. If the information you require cannot be found here, you may wish to contact us directly on 091-721400 or by email in the Contact Us section of the website. If the information is not currently made publicly available by the Brothers of Charity Services Galway, you may consider making a Freedom of Information Request.
Making an FOI Request
- Requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 should be made in writing. In preparing a request the following guidelines should be followed:
- State that the request is being made under of the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
- Give sufficient information to enable the Services to identify the records requested.
- Address the request to the Freedom of Information Officer of the Brothers of Charity Services Galway at Woodlands, Renmore, Galway.
- State any preference regarding the manner/format in which the record/s are to be supplied.
- Provide full personal contact details.
- The Services will acknowledge in writing the request within two weeks of receiving it. The letter of acknowledgement states the period within which a decision must be made, the rights to review, the procedure governing the exercise of those rights and the time limits which apply along with details of fees which may apply.
Contact Details of FOI Officer
Brothers of Charity Services Ireland,
Tel: 091-7214000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Please follow link to national website for more information on Freedom of Information including Frequently Asked Questions.
Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Galway Region
Freedom of Information Requests – Disclosure Log for Non-Personal Information Only
|Date of Request||Ref. No.||Summary of Request||Applicant Details||Decision Due Date||Decision Made|